Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 2 in Hadyai

18 September 2010

As usual, I am the one who'll wake first
so that I have enough time to get myself prepared
without wasting precious time

After everyone is ready, we make our move
our tummy is calling us badly
we need to feed them now

Once again, we travel by Tuk-Tuk
the local cheap and good 'Teksi' of Thailand
and we head ourselves to Kim Yong Market

It is a very typical market
where people use to buy fish, meat and veges
but we manage to find a coffee shop
that sells chicken, pork and duck rice

Conclusion, our lunch is not satisfy
don't really like the food there
expensive and it's quite oily for me

Then we get to walk around the market
and found people selling fruits
I also notice the fruit seller will actually decorate their fruits
the fruits is tied up with some leaves along it
to make it looks nicer I guess

Next we went to a stall that sells local goods
this is where everyone started to buy
cashew nuts, cuttlefish, candies and so on
as you know, Thailand is famous for their local snacks
cheap and good

Back to the hotel after that
get ourselves some rest also to drop all the heavy stuff
and also debts collecting @@
I mean for the hotel room payment

Then we're on the Tuk-Tuk again
our next destination is Floating Market

Arrived the destination with all my buddies
sizzling sky with some rain drops

Something catch my eye immediately
saw someone selling sushi in a very cute shape

I bought myself 4 pieces
which cost 5 baht for each
I found the taste is different than what we normally eat
should be lack of vinegar I guess

Here's the bridge that to be cross over
you can actually see the people behind selling in a sampan

Here's a closer look
and you can see the crowd
@@
so pack !

This stall is selling drinks
you get to choose the container of the drink
you may either choose the Bamboo Stick (20 baht)
or the Cartoon Clay (25 baht) to fill your drinks

Of course for me, I'll get the Cartoon Clay
it looks special and it is allow to be brought back
beside the clay is a pack of jelly
it is something like our 'Ang Ku Koay'
it has filling inside and colorful attraction

Saw this corn in a odd color
it is not bright yellow in color instead pale yellow
bought myself 1 to try on the taste and YUCKS !
it taste awful and disgusting
wasted by 20 baht by throwing away

It was super crowd that day
people squeezing here and there to buy food
I am so afraid that the wooden bridge fall
spot us ?

Next, we found something interesting
a stall selling fried insects
and we wanted to try !

We bought the skinny worms to try
it is 10 baht per packet
and it taste good and crispy
I feel like I'm eating french fries
^^

And my boy tried the scorpion
I have a bite on it too
feel the shell is so hard but still managed to swallow

Another big courage to try on this
it is a super huge beetle
super disgusting !
I don't dare to try it =(
but both the boys fail this attempt too
because it is too hard to bite it
thick shells and wings so they give up

Our next station is Pedtai Night Market
we did not take any photos from there
because we're tired to do so
and the place is hot and packed
it is the largest night market I've ever been
we walked for 2 hours and we still can't finish it

Everyone started to feel tired after the 2 hours walk
and so we decided to have a break
we found a cafe with air-con
so nice to have air-con at this moment

Besides the cafe looks very pretty inside
the decoration makes everyone so happy
and make us alive once again

Ooh my pretty girls
they are not available anymore
=)

Finally is me and my boy !
He looks so tired over here
because of walking whole day
and carrying all my stuff
@@

Before we went back to the hotel
we walked over to the night market once more
to buy some food back to the hotel as supper
I love the kebab so much
miss it badly !

Once reach the hotel
started to arrange my stuff
I mean stuff bought just now
=D

But still I don't feel satisfy on it
not enough shopping yet
I want more !

Anyway, it's super tiring for today
I had a better sleep than last night
^^

No comments:

Post a Comment