Sunday, November 7, 2010

4 Days 3 Nights Trip: Day 2: Singapore-Iluma, Bugis, Ion, Mandarin Gallery, Somerset


** 7th November 2010 **

Woke up early still
7am in the morning i started to prepare

When everyone gets ready
we pack everything into the car
and it's time for us to depart

Before we move on
Sin Ee brought us to Kluang Rail Coffee for breakfast
located just beside the railway station in Kluang
this is the original stall
the rest in KL were their branches

The tables were fully occupied while we reach there
many people were standing and waiting
and so I know this is a popular place to dine
@@

My friends introduce me to try this
The Famous Roti Kaya
as you can see, it is different from the 1 in Penang
Penang often uses Banggali Roti for Roti Kaya
but for this place, they uses Roti Burger
nice combination also la
and also nice to be makan too ~

They serves half-boiled eggs too
but these not belongs to me
because I don't take half-boiled eggs
I felt it yucky, sorry~

Nasi Lemak !
I ate one pack of that
because the Roti can't filled me up

After breakfast
we started our long journey
it took us almost 2 hours drive from Kluang to JB
what a long ride, it's like Penang to Ipoh

Luckily we had a safe journey all the way
and I finally step into
JB Immigration Check Point
it's huge! seriously huge and with air-condition!

After the passport checking
we proceed to the bus station
from JB to SG by bus is cheap
but I forgot the exact price already @@

The bus stop us at Singapore check point
get ourselves checked once again at the border
then again proceed with the bus

The bus drop us at Bugis bus station
then we need to walk to the train station

This is the ticket machine
I like it much, it's easy to use =D
and you know what, it is cheap !
it is about 1-2SGD per trip

While waiting the train to arrive
we 'jungle monkeys' take photo

While in the train...

In few minutes time, we reached Kallang
the nearest station to get to Geylang

From Kallang
we need to walk from Geylang 1 till Geylang 10
that's very very very FAR !
luckily we still can find the hotel

2pm is our check in time
meet up PoPo there too
and everything is nicely settle in the room
about the room... acceptable, very clean and with LCD TV
but it's kinda small to fit 5 of us actually @@

What's next?
we have to walk along Geylang streets to Kallang station again
hell yeah, it was damn fun !

From Kallang to Bugis once more
and we decided to take our lunch in Iluma
I feel like it is a very modern design mall
because the concept looks so unique

Guys?
on the escalator towards upstairs

Noticed the ceiling? I love the ceiling~
I never see such mall having ceiling like this
they put so much design into this mall
so wonderful~

It's ME!
going up..up.. up!
hungry already la~~~~~~~~

More pictures on the escalator~
because the restaurant is on the highest floor
@@

Finally we came into this restaurant
it's a Japanese Cuisine Restaurant
I dunno how to read those words
=(

What attract us here is because of the menu
the tapping menu for ordering
sounds cool huh
^^
Here's my set:
Ika Teppanyaki set
I SQUID

This set serves along Garlic Fried Rice
and this set cost me 11.90 SGD
what do you think?
I felt super worth for it !

Why do I think so?
Can you actually find a RM11.90 Teppenyaki set in Malaysia?
No Right? That's why~
Don't tell me that SGD have to x2 to have it in RM

What I am trying to say is
If I earn 100 SGD, i only pay 11.90 SGD for lunch;
If I earn RM 100, I have to pay RM30 for lunch
which is worth to you?
How I wish I can earn SGD, hiak hiak hiak ~

The portion is BIG !
feel so satisfy after lunch
so we just looking around
and taking pictures around the mall

The main entrance of the restaurant

Girls?
unique background huh!
it's actually a wall =D

While walking around, we went through a
mini exhibition on Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 1





After we're done here
we walked to Bugis Junction
you see the building~
it's so nice, looks so Nyonya style~
I've told you, their building designs are great

And we came along Bugis Street too
it is more like a street market here



Not to forget to mention
I meet up Joanne Ong that day
she's from Penang but to be a Singaporean soon
=P

As usual,
Singapore's weather are to be the same with Malaysia
because the Sun is with us all day long
and we need something to cure our thirst

i taimei
a stall that selling Taiwan's snack
and what attracts us to stop here?
take a look on their menu board..
their names are so chubby
^^

Drinks bought from the stall
milk tea, lemon juice and Ai Yu Bin

Now you can see the face of the future Singaporean bride
am I right future Mrs. Ang?

Next~~~
went Orchard by train
first step into the famous Ion mall

Ion's first anniversary!
my first visit too
=P

Wonderful ceiling again!
I can see fishes swimming on the roof
nice lor~~

Outdoor a.k.a main entrance of Ion Orchard
beautiful lighting above me
the color of purple is so amazing
and also LV + Dior + Dolce & Gabbana
*.*

5 of us
in front of the 'nest'
aren't it look like one?
@@

Then continue walk along Orchard Road
till we came to Ngee Ann City
feels like I'm in Macau right now?
looks so Chinese la this building
=P

Time really flies
it's time for Joanne to go home
=(

We had a great big hug while saying goodbye
miss you liao
T.T

Next, we stop at Takashimaya
the Christmas decoration attracts everyone
it looks so pinky~

noticed the 'Christmas Tree'?
it is made by many many teddies~
I never see this is Malaysia before
=(

After we finish taking photo
we continue the way down again
and saw this shop
it was Dolce & Gabbana if I'm not mistaken
I like the window display
haha~
where goes the mannequin?

Finally !!
we reached Mandarin Gallery
the entrance looks so classy
we are hunger for dinner already
=D

While we're looking for the place to dine
went through this little cute shop
with no sign or name of the shop

We walked in
and discover they are selling some old school stuff
something like those ancient toys
or story book during childhood days

Yuhoo~
at last we found the restaurant
'Wild Honey'

Wild Honey is a restaurant that serves only breakfast
international breakfast served all day long
don't you feel cool when you know about this?
how can I resist myself for not trying it
haha!

We know that the portion is big !
we 5 of us just ordered 3 plates to share

Plate No. 1 English Breakfast
the classic full breakfast; creamy scrambled eggs, pork sausage,
sauteed mushroom, dad's baked beans, bacon and
vine ripened tomato with toasted brioche

Plate no.2 Scandinavian Breakfast
Grilled fresh Norwegian Salmon and green asparagus,
potato rosti and hollandaise sauce

Plate no.3 California Breakfast
Eggs softly scrambled with tofu, yellow and red peppers,
fresh herbs on char-grilled ciabatta

For more information:
http://www.wildhoney.com.sg

Another photo of us before leaving Mandarin Gallery
I like the sign behind our back
NO FOOD/NO LAYING DOWN/NO KISSING

Last station of the day
we went to 313 Somerset
what a nice name given to a mall
there was the 1st time I went in to Uniqlo
I can say that it is larger than the one in Fahrenheit 88
too bad there were all winter clothes during the season

Wow, it is a tiring day once more
we walked for whole day
legs need to rest and save it for the next day
^^

No comments:

Post a Comment