Saturday, July 17, 2010

Obon Festival


17th July 2010

The month of July 2010
there were few states celebrating Bon Odori in Malaysia
Ipoh is celebrating on 24th July 2010
Penang and KL falls on 17th July 2010

Before we start the post
let's do some introduction about the Obon Festival
Bon is a japanese Buddhist custom to honor the departed
spirits of one's ancestors and it has been celebrated
in Japan for more than 500 years

Bon Odori, meaning simply Bon dance
is an event held during Obon festival.
It is originally a Nenbutsu folk dance
to express the effusive welcome for the spirits of the dead and
the celebration varies in many aspects from region to region

There are few things you have to bare in mind
when you're going to attend the festival
please take not on your attire

* wear yukata (if you don't have one, wear nice and casual)
* wear slippers or sandals ( no high heels)
* respect the festival ( no cosplay, gothic or lolita)

Enough for introduction
let's go to the scene on that special day
once I reached there, I saw a stall that full of painting posters

These are all the contestants artwork
where they choose the best among to be the theme poster
of this year Bon Odori

Then I went over another stall to buy fans

The fan of year 2010 Bon Odori
and it cost me RM5 per piece
where it is used to be free in Japan

I bought three of them
fans with the winning poster theme
then I continues to the next stall

It was a traditional game stall
where you use a paper-type-net to catch small fishes
RM2 per net and catch all you can
until you broke the paper-net
it sounds fun, but I don't get to play
because it is crowded with kids and parents

In a sudden I met my friends there too

Daniel and his friends

We then bought a coupon
and get ourselves a plate of Okonomiyaki

It contains of cabbages, eggs, flour and of course TAKO
we found a table to enjoy the dish

continue hunting for food and we saw this

水煎包
some sort like pan fry paO =.=
I'm not interested on it pun~
I don't like to eat PAOs

Then suddenly I caught something interesting
a banner on a stall wrote "Chin Choo Vegetarian"
and I saw her over there selling vegetarian pau

Ming Er is helping her mom at the stall
I stop by and had a short chat with her

Until it is almost time for the fireworks
we meet up Khan Khan and then
quickly get ourselves ready with our camera

While we're trying with the camera
we meet up Yumiko and her boy
they were here to enjoy the fireworks too

On the other hand we actually can hear the crowd
they were counting down for the fireworks
........3! 2! 1!
Boom!! Boom! Boom!!

The best shot ever

Here's a 20 seconds short video on the fireworks
that I took during that day



After the Bon Festival
I should meet up Thomas and Kinki
but they ppk-ed me last minute
say they are still at Batu Ferringhi not coming down

So I change my mind and join Yumiko darling
we went supper at Caffe Strada Crystal Point

It is my first time visit this cafe
the environment of this cafe quite peaceful and nice

Me and my boy shared a drink only
because we drank a lot during Bon Odori
Raspberry Soda Drink

and we also order Mushroom Soup and Garlic Bread

We sat there almost 2 hours
we enjoy our time by chatting and gossiping
that's what friends do right?

It's almost time for the cafe to close
so we spend some time to take photos before we leave

The Girls

With Yumiko darling

The boys

The couples

Last but not least, me and my boy

Conclusion of the day


I enjoy my night
I enjoy with the festival
I enjoy the supper
I enjoy having time with my friends
I enjoy having time with HIM


No comments:

Post a Comment